- Dates are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Candidates between the ages of 4 and 5 years old (on entry closing date) are permitted to take GESE Grade 1 only. Candidates aged 5 years or above (on examination date) may take any GESE grade.
- Candidates cannot take more than one GESE exam within 30 days.
- Current exam dates will be closed once they have reached full capacity.
- Applicants who have already submitted their exam entry and would like to request for a change of exam date, MUST email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your request with the candidate's full name and date of birth before entry closing date. Request will only be considered if 1) the original exam date you have reserved is still open, and 2) the exam date you request is still available.
- Exam fees cannot be refunded on any grounds.
- Results are usually sent by post within one to two weeks of the exam.
- Certificates are usually available within four to six weeks of the exam.
- If you are preparing for GESE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for visa purposes in the UK visit UK visa tests.
GESE by online delivery
Please note GESE by online delivery exams take place at Trinity Sheung Wan office only.
|Exam date||Exam venue|
|23 December (Thu) p.m. (Full)||Sheung Wan||Closing date: 29 November|
|29 December (Wed) p.m. (Full)||Sheung Wan||Closing date: 6 December|
|5 January (Wed) p.m. (Full)||Sheung Wan||Closing date: 8 December|
|7 January (Fri) p.m.||Sheung Wan||Closing date: 10 December|
|11 January (Tue) p.m. (Full)||Sheung Wan||Closing date: 15 December|
|12 January (Wed) p.m.||Sheung Wan||Closing date: 16 December|
GESE standard format exams
|Exam date||Exam venue|
|22 January (Sat) (Full)||Sheung Wan||Closing date: 4 December|
|23 January (Sun) (Full)||Sheung Wan||Closing date: 13 December|
|27 February (Sun)||Sheung Wan||Closing date: 11 January|
Results and Certificates Status
GESE results are usually sent within two weeks of the exam; and certificates are usually sent within six weeks of the exam
|(GESE standard) 4 Jan - 30 October||Certificates issued|
|(GESE online delivery) 4 Jan - 30 October||Certificates issued|
|(GESE standard) 1 - 24 November||Results issued|
|(GESE online delivery) 1 - 24 November||Results issued|
|(GESE standard) 25 November - 30 December||Appointment details sent (by post)|
|(GESE online delivery) 25 November - 22 December||Appointment details sent (by email)|
Session Dates 2021
Reading & Writing exam sessions for ISE (ISE Foundation, I, II, III) are on fixed dates throughout the year:
|7 April||Closing date: 8 March|
|9 June||Closing date: 10 May|
|4 August||Closing date: 5 July|
|6 October||Closing date: 6 September|
|10 November||Closing date: 11 October|
(Note: ISE IV exams are not available via online delivery)
Speaking & Listening exams (online delivery) take place at the Trinity Hong Kong office on a weekly basis. Please contact us for exam dates.
If you are preparing for ISE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for visa purposes in the UK visit UK visa tests.