- Dates are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Minimum age requirement: candidates taking Grade 1 must be at least 4 years old, Grade 2 must be at least 5 years old, on the day of the exam.
- Current exam dates will be closed once they have reached full capacity.
- Applicants who have already submitted their exam entry and would like to request for a change of exam date, MUST email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your request with the candidate's full name and date of birth before entry closing date. Request will only be considered if 1) the original exam date you have reserved is still open, and 2) the exam date you request is still available, and 3) supporting document to prove that the candidate is not available on the original date.
- Exam fees cannot be refunded on any grounds.
- Results are usually sent by email within one to two weeks of the exam.
- Certificates are usually available within four to six weeks of the exam.
- If you are preparing for GESE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for visa purposes in the UK visit UK visa tests.
GESE Online (Centre-based. Exam Location: Sheung Wan)
Take a GESE exam at an exam centre with a Trinity examiner from the UK via zoom
|5 October (Thu) p.m. (Full)||Closing date: 21 September|
|9 October (Mon) p.m. (Full)||Closing date: 25 September|
|11 October (Wed) p.m.||Closing date: 27 September|
|26 October (Thu) p.m. (Full)||Closing date: 12 October|
|31 October (Tue) p.m.||Closing date: 17 October|
GESE Home (Grades 1 - 4 only, Exam Location: Home)
Take a GESE exam at home with a Trinity examiner from the UK via zoom
|10 October (Tue) p.m. (Full)||Closing date: 26 September|
|12 October (Thu) p.m.||Closing date: 28 September|
|17 October (Tue) p.m. (Full)||Closing date: 3 October|
|24 October (Tue) p.m.||Closing date: 10 October|
GESE In-person exams
Take a GESE exam at an exam centre with a Trinity examiner in-person
|19 October (Thu) - Sheung Wan a.m. (Late entries)||Closing date: 19 September|
|19 October (Thu) - Sheung Wan p.m. (Late entries)||Closing date: 19 September|
|26 November (Sun) - Tsuen Wan (Full)||Closing date: 26 October|
|30 November (Thu) - Sheung Wan a.m.||Closing date: 30 October|
|30 November (Thu) - Sheung Wan p.m.||Closing date: 30 October|
Contact us at 2366 3792 or email email@example.com if you wish to submit a late entry.
* A 50% late surcharge will be applied.
Results and Certificates Status
GESE results are usually sent by email within two weeks of the exam; and certificates are usually sent within six weeks of the exam.
If you do not hear from us within the expected time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Session Dates 2023
Reading & Writing exam sessions for ISE (ISE Foundation, I, II, III) are on fixed dates throughout the year:
|8 March||Closing date: 1 February|
|12 April||Closing date: 8 March|
|7 June||Closing date: 3 May|
|12 July||Closing date: 7 June|
|2 August||Closing date: 28 June|
|6 September||Closing date: 2 August|
|4 October||Closing date: 30 August|
|15 November||Closing date: 11 October|
(Note: ISE IV exams are not available via online delivery)
Speaking & Listening exams (online delivery) take place at the Trinity Hong Kong office on a weekly basis. Please contact us for exam dates.
If you are preparing for ISE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for visa purposes in the UK visit UK visa tests.